cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Decimal place control in drawing family tables (Creo 2.0)

amansfield
6-Contributor

Decimal place control in drawing family tables (Creo 2.0)

I have a mystifying issue here that might be related to how Creo 2 handles the display of decimal places in drawing family tables. I have had a number of models where I weanted to change the number of decimal places shown for instance dimensions ina drawing table from 3 to 2 places. I changed the decimal places in each diimension, regenerated the modeland verified the family table. Everything looked good.

I flipped back to the drawing and the number of decimal pl;aces is still 3, but with an additional zero on the end of the number..

After fiddling around with things, I tried the old way of controlling parameter decimal places "[.2]" and it knocked the zeros off.. This makes no sense to me as model dimensions should not be affected by this, only parameters.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour and if so have they found a way to fix this? I'm using Creo 2.0 M070

Andrew Mansfield

Design & Development
KI
Green Bay, Wisconsin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

I should haveadded that I have noticed this behaviour when editing old models..

In Reply to Andrew Mansfield:

I have a mystifying issue here that might be related to how Creo 2 handles the display of decimal places in drawing family tables. I have had a number of models where I weanted to change the number of decimal places shown for instance dimensions ina drawing table from 3 to 2 places. I changed the decimal places in each diimension, regenerated the modeland verified the family table. Everything looked good.

I flipped back to the drawing and the number of decimal pl;aces is still 3, but with an additional zero on the end of the number..

After fiddling around with things, I tried the old way of controlling parameter decimal places "[.2]" and it knocked the zeros off.. This makes no sense to me as model dimensions should not be affected by this, only parameters.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour and if so have they found a way to fix this? I'm using Creo 2.0 M070

Andrew Mansfield

Design & Development
KI
Green Bay, Wisconsin

I've had issues with runaway decimal display in some tables. The only thing that I found that would work was to open the Properties dialog box for the specific dimension in the model and change the number of decimal display there. Nothing else worked.

Matt Bracht

Senior Design Engineer

The GSI Group

-

amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

Adjusting the decimal place on a driving dimension using the properties box is what I've always done, but this doesn't work in this case.

Top Tags