cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

X,Y formated annotations in drawings

Dante
1-Newbie

X,Y formated annotations in drawings

Hi,

is it possible to apply (x, y) style for annotate formats in drawing file?

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Dante)

Yes you can... I'm sure of it - but you'll have to give us more information to say for sure and exactly how to accomplish this.

suppose you want to annotate coordinates of multiple holes on a plate according to a ref point. (x,y) format is very handy for performing manual machining or manual nc code programming. below pic is an example approch in catia:

XY+Annotate.JPG

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:Dante)

Now that makes it a whole lot easier to discuss.

I can see doing this in a manual way by loading the table with dimensions and relations. They will remain associative. As long as the dimension style stays simple like this (no dual dims or special tolerance display) this is more than achievable.

I would like to know from people who do this on a regular basis to post with regard to this. I am certain I don't know the -easiest- way to accomplish this.

Please confirm what you have access to. Are you making the model, or just creating the drawings? Ideally, this is a native Pro/E-WF-Creo model and you have access or input to the modeling process.

If it is a native Pro/E or Creo part and the holes are created with the 'hole' tool then you can use the Hole Table facility in the drawing, you need a co-ordinate system with X and Y pointing in the right direction and then it will automatically number the holes and tell you the x, y and diameters of the holes.

They can be labelled in different ways and sorted in different ways. The only downside is that you may need to replace the table/update it when the pattern changes. It's been a while since I added one to a drawing and am not at my CAD station right now, from memory Tools > Hole Table then you can Setup and Create

Top Tags