cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Default modelisation planes

gduval
1-Newbie

Default modelisation planes

*My english is not really good. I'm gonna do my best so that you can understand my issue.

I just installed Creo 2.0 (student edition). When I model a part, I dont see any reference plane in the modelisation window. I see the ''RIght'', ''Top'' and ''Front'' plane in the model tree, but these are not visible in the mod window. I think if you look at the screen shots in attachment you should understand my issue.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:gduval)

Which graphics card do you have on machine?

----- Rename config.sup (if any) in <Creo 2.0 Install location>\Common Files\M110\text > launch Creo and check the datums.

If still fails, move to below steps.

Next step:

Remove the one in list.

1. Right Click on Creo 2.0 shortcut icon > Properties

2. Click in Target path and move cursor to extreme right (at the end of .....exe")

3. Add a space after .exe"

4. Type -g:win32_gdi > Apply > Ok

Win32_gdi.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You need to turn on your datum display. Probably in the top center of the window in a fresh install.

6-24-2014+3-03-39+PM.png

Thanks for trying to help, but as you can see, I still don't see the planes even though theses display buttons are turned on. What+I+see.PNG

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Guillaume,

This seems to be due to graphics.

Add config option graphics win32_gdi in config.pro and relaunch.

You can directly add that in config.pro available in <Creo 2.0 install>\Common files\<datecode>\text\

Hi Mahesh,

I think I dont understand how to fix this. I just don't find that win32_gdi. Can I set this from the Options/Configuration/ and then what do I do ?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Ok

1. Browse to <Creo 2.0 Install location>\Common Files\M110\text (Default is C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M110\text)

2. Open config.pro in notepad

3. Add graphics win32_gdi > Save and close.

Thanks for your explain,

I did it, as you can see on the screenshot below, but it still does not fix my problem and I dont know why. Config.PNG

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Which graphics card do you have on machine?

----- Rename config.sup (if any) in <Creo 2.0 Install location>\Common Files\M110\text > launch Creo and check the datums.

If still fails, move to below steps.

Next step:

Remove the one in list.

1. Right Click on Creo 2.0 shortcut icon > Properties

2. Click in Target path and move cursor to extreme right (at the end of .....exe")

3. Add a space after .exe"

4. Type -g:win32_gdi > Apply > Ok

Win32_gdi.jpg

It works now!! Thank you so much Mahesh for this step-by-step answer.

I really apreciate

Top Tags