cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Default setting of K factor

PM_9971370
13-Aquamarine

Default setting of K factor

In Sheet metal design, for folding we need to set the K factor value. We had to change Creo's default K factor value. Every time we had to change the value again and again. Is there any config option for setting the K factor value as default?

6 REPLIES 6

@PM_9971370 wrote:

In Sheet metal design, for folding we need to set the K factor value. We had to change Creo's default K factor value. Every time we had to change the value again and again. Is there any config option for setting the K factor value as default?

Hi,

create sheetmetal template model and use it as start model.

Martin Hanák

Isn't there any other option like changing the default setting value?

@PM_9971370 wrote:

Isn't there any other option like changing the default setting value?

Hi,

I am sorry I do not know.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PM_9971370)

I think PTC uses the Y-factor for the option. Y factor = K factor * (pi/2)

The config option for the Y factor is:

INITIAL_BEND_Y_FACTOR [VALUE]

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Warning:

If you use a start part for sheet metal, whatever was set on that part at the time it was created will be the value.

If you convert to your sheet metal parts from solid parts, your initial Y factor value will be the one in your config.pro

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:PM_9971370)

Setting your company's Y-factor in a sheet metal start part template is the best method for getting it set right.

Using the config.pro is icing on the cake and as Steve mentioned is needed if you convert your parts from a solid to a sheet metal part.

We had to change our start sheet metal part where I used to work to get the bends to match what we were manufacturing. We did have 18 years of using a K-factor value in Unigraphics that worked, so when we switched to Pro/E, we just converted the UG K-factor to a Y-factor.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags