cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Delete All Parameters via Mapkey?

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Delete All Parameters via Mapkey?

I can delete all relations from a mapkey, is there anyway to delete all user defined parameters from a mapkey?

I'd like to delete them all without having to know what they are. Then recreate just the ones I want.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:davehaigh)

You should be able to.  The trick is to switch to the old parameter interface first.  Take a look at the attached config.pro file for how I create them.  You should be able to modify this slightly to delete everything first before recreation.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

You could create a custom filter to filter out all of the user defined parameters that were not restricted and then you can do a CTRL A and delete. The relevant mapkey will look something like this depending on what version you are using:

mapkey(continued) ~ Key `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParTable` 37814273 `Ctrl+A`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParamUtils`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.ParamUtils`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `relation_dlg` `ParamsPHLay.PBDelParam`;

Capture.PNG

You mentioned deleting relations. The above won't work if one of the parameters are being used in a relation. I am not sure there is a way to filter for that.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you use Chris' approach, you could create a custom filter to only display parameters with 'Access' = 'Full'

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

By the way, once created the filter is preserved for that entire Creo session and can be applied to any model.

davehaigh
11-Garnet
(To:TomU)

I didn't know you could use CTRL A to select them all. Great tip. I like the idea of using two filters.

4-14-2016 2-16-03 PM.jpg

Top Tags