cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Delete Row or Column from a Table in Drawing Mode (Creo 2.0)

wjamieson
4-Participant

Delete Row or Column from a Table in Drawing Mode (Creo 2.0)

Hi All,

Would someone be able to tell me how to delete a row or column from any table in drawing mode? I've been looking for about an hour and still can't find a way. Appreciate any help anyone can give. FYI, I am currently using Creo 2.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wjamieson
4-Participant
(To:wjamieson)

Just figured it out, I needed to remove the repeat region before deleting the row. (Through the Repeat Region button in the Table tab of the ribbon.) Thanks for everyone's help, I am new to Creo and not too used to everything yet!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
wjamieson
4-Participant

Addition: I have seen the thread at the link below, but I cannot get it to work this way, when I click the right mouse button, there is no delete row/column option. http://communities.ptc.com/message/259226#259226help.png

Sure. Table tab>select/highlight the row>press the delete key on your keyboard (or Rt. click delete)

wjamieson
4-Participant
(To:rfarrell)

When I highlight the row and press the delete key, nothing happens. When I right click, there is no delete option in the task menu (have a look at the attached drawing in my previous post.) Which version of Creo do you use? I appreciate your help.

Do you know if the table has a repeat region in it?

wjamieson
4-Participant
(To:dcox-2)

It has one repeat region in the middle row that displays the material type. The row I am trying to delete is the bottom row, which is not a repeat region.

If you insert a new table, can you delete from that, or is the problem specific to that table?

Have you tried activating the window again? That's a bit of a go-to for me when things don't behave as expected. I use Creo 2 also and haven't seen this behaviour, unfortunately I'm not in front of it at the moment so can't try to replicate your scenario at this end.

wjamieson
4-Participant
(To:dcox-2)

I apologize, apparently my initial assumption was wrong. The row I am trying to delete IS a repeat region. Do you know how I can delete a repeat region row or column? I have found that I can delete rows and colums that do not have repeat regions by your method (highlighting row or column, right clicking, selecting delete.) However, repeat regions do not seem to work.

I see what you mean, not sure why it's not working.

I am using CREO 2.0 as well.

wjamieson
4-Participant

Maybe your config file is different? Could you upload your config.pro file?

Just curious. If you create a new table will it allow you to delete a row?

wjamieson
4-Participant

Just tried it, it will allow me to delete a row. Apparently the row I am trying to delete in the picture I uploaded IS a repeat region, so I'm guessing that may be the reason I cannot delete it. Do you know how to delete a row with a repeat region?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

If you want to remove a row from a repeat region you have to filter it out, not delete it.

From the Table tab, choose the Repeat Region button, then Filters, select the region, By Item, Exclude (probably already selected). Simply pick the rows you want excluded, then okay, done, done, done.

wjamieson
4-Participant

Just figured it out, I needed to remove the repeat region before deleting the row. (Through the Repeat Region button in the Table tab of the ribbon.) Thanks for everyone's help, I am new to Creo and not too used to everything yet!

jyew
1-Newbie

Not sure is this the correct solution, but it work.

1> Click on repeat region button in table menu and click remove in pop-out window. (For repeated region)

2> Select the row or column you wanna delete (By selecting the most left line for row, most top line for column), it will highlight the whole row or column instead of just a cell.

3> Press delete on keyboard.

cpierce
1-Newbie
(To:jyew)

This actually help me! Your response is correct.

Creo is not intuitive at all..this is how you need to select a row in a table to remove it:

figured it out after an hour as well 😞

Top Tags