cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Detailing an Assymbley

DavidHale
1-Newbie

Detailing an Assymbley

I have a basic assembly (just two parts) i need to detail both parts on one sheet then include a basic assembled view again detailed

How do i do this?!?!?!

I can use exploded view then partial view to exclude the part i don’t want but it seems messy.

Can i have a drawing with two models?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, you can have a drawing with many models. In your case you want three: each part and the assembly as a whole.

Oh yeah, and it's a little hard to find if you haven't done it before: File/Properties/Drawing Models/Add Model & Set Model. That's through WF 3.0; don't know if there was a change in 4.0; probably different with the ribbon in 5.0.

Hi

Yes you are right, in WF5 there is a button for drawing models. When you click this, you can choose add drawing model, then you take the part or assembly you want to add in your drawing. In the drawing on the bottom you can see what drawing model is active, by clicking it you can choose between the installed drawingmodels. It's easy, I do it all the time to save paper, more models on one page. As you can see to the added PDF the flat pattern ("ontvouwing" in dutch) is added that way.

Regards

Chris

Also when the Layout tab is active, drawing models appears on the RMB popup menu. and that takes you to the same menu for management of the drawing models.

-Greg

Top Tags