cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Differences between drawing as displayed and as printed?

BTaylor_MEI
5-Regular Member

Differences between drawing as displayed and as printed?

I'm having an issue with my drawings in Creo 9.

In the UI I'm able to get the drawing to look the way I want it to, with no hidden lines;

Drawing as displayed.png

However, when I print, one element of my assembly (and only this one) prints out with hidden lines shown:

Drawing as printed.png

When I return to the Creo window after doing a quick export to .pdf format for printing, the troublesome element has bolded purple lines, which I assume is a clue to what's going on here, but I don't know what that means.

Dawing as displayed after export.png

Any idea what I've done here and how to correct it?

Thanks!

   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:BTaylor_MEI)

Purple usually indicates a surface feature.  The change in the view after a PDF export is unusual.  Are you using the menus to create the PDF or using a mapkey that may be performing other operations?

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:BTaylor_MEI)

Purple usually indicates a surface feature.  The change in the view after a PDF export is unusual.  Are you using the menus to create the PDF or using a mapkey that may be performing other operations?

There is always more to learn in Creo.
BTaylor_MEI
5-Regular Member
(To:kdirth)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Somehow I must have created a quilt out of the surface of the part; when I suppressed that it in the model tree it disappeared completely, which is not what I had expected it to do, but now the drawing renders as expected.

Top Tags