cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Dimensioning

ptc-5482251
1-Newbie

Dimensioning

Hi,

I want to choose the dimension i want to set rather than changing the random dimensions that appear. How do i do this? The part is a basic curved meccano strip so i want to set the holes 1/2'' apart from each other but it's giving me the distance to the center line to change which isn't useful at all.

Could you help me please understand how the dimensioning works!

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5482251)

One idea, I'm not sure this is the best way though.

dim22.JPG

Excuse my ignorance but how did you get that? That is what i'm wanting, the curved distance between the centers of those 2 circles

Perimeter dimensions are created in sketches. You select the feature or features you want the perimeter value for and once you place the dimension, you need to select which dimension you wish to vary to meet the perimeter value.

If you are using hole features, you might make the sketch with datum points to use for locating the hole feature. Otherwise, you can simply extrude w/ remove material the holes directly where the sketch is a section instead.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-5482251)

Or maybe like this, pick perimeter and the variable dimension. The .50 is a construction arc (on top of construction circle), and then the construction line between them for the variable dimension. Again, there are other ways to do this, just one idea.

dim23.JPG

Thanks a lot for the help Antonius and Matt. I do think i´ve tried that but i´ll try again on monday or before when i manage to download the program to my laptop.

Top Tags