cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Disappearing parts

ptc-5487236
1-Newbie

Disappearing parts

I am using Creo parametric to build my teams textrix robot. The problem I am having is that every time I make a part flexible, to tweak its position, any parts added after that part dissapear. I am trying to make a pin constraint with a axle, and i want to constrain the end to a specific object. However, everytime I select it, the part I want to constrain it to dissapears. How can I stop this from happening?

-Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can only refer to items that are earlier in the model tree when creating references or features.

You can drag an item up and down the model tree to change the assembly order.

It seems like you may be trying to locate the end of the axle where a wheel or a gear will be added later, which can't happen because the wheel or gear aren't present when the axle is assembled. Instead you could offset the end of the axle from a bushing to locate it that way.

Thank you. The problem is that i have a clamp on the far side of the bushing. If i located the axle to to bushing the clamp would be floating in mid air. Thank you for your answer, and ill see if that helps fix the problem.

You might be able to make a skeleton part flexible. Dunno, never tried it, but that would probably allow you to do what you want.

Top Tags