cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Disappearing set datums

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Disappearing set datums

I have a weird problem. I've used an existing drawing as the basis for a new design.

In this new drawing the set datum will sometimes disappear and the only way to get it back is to hide all the layers and the unhide them.

This never happens to me with I create a drawing from scratch. When I asked one of the other guys about this he says it's been a problem for years and he told me about the hide unhide trick.

My guess is this problem is happening because of something the users are doing that I'm not doing. However I have no idea what it might be.

Also I can't figure out what causes it disappears in the first place.

Anyone seen this behavior? Know what the users are doing?

The only thing difference I see is instead of attaching the feature control frame to the datum, they have the datum suction cup hanging off the bottom of the feature control frame. I never do it like that.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

By the way, I'm running WF4-m170

David Haigh

By the way, I'm running WF4-m170

David Haigh

I have seen this happen when the Datums (any features) are hidden on the layer tree of the model and then un-hidden in the drawing... maybe this will help?

Michael Ohlrich, Design Engineer
Benchmade Knife Company
mohlrich@benchmade.com<">mailto:mohlrich@benchmade.com>
(503) 655-6004 x122

[cid:image001.jpg@01CC4D0F.DF66DB90]
www.benchmade.com<">http://www.benchmade.com>

In my experience, this has been a problem for many, many years - and seems to be more prevalent in models created in WF2 and before... The only way that I have been able to correct it is the hide all layers / reset status trick. In fact - long ago, I created a mapkey explicitly for this purpose!

I have never taken the trouble of submitting an example to PTC - probably should do so, huh?

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags