cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Displaying Tolerance In a drawing

ptc-3021436
1-Newbie

Displaying Tolerance In a drawing

I have a complete drawing all dims are in place. Now I need to add a couple tol callout. Where do I find the tool to turn "on" the tolerance in a dimension? Thanks!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

You need to add the config.pro option 'tol_display'. Set this to 'Yes'. When you go to properties for you dimension, the 'Tolerance Mode' drop down box should be availiable (which I assume must be greyed out for you).

EXCELLENT!!...thanks
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3021436)

The thing I don't like about this is that it turns on tolerances for ALL dimensions in the drawing. You also need to set tol_mode to "nominal". Then you can modify indiviual dimensions as needed. The default I believe is "limits".
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Oh yeah, I remember that one. When I first added tol_display, all my dimensions had tolerances on. It was a case of 'yeah thats what I want, but not realy'. Need to set tol_mode also to nominal as above.

Yup, gotit thanks!
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:CBenner)

What if the tol_dispaly = yes

and tol_mode = nominal

and the area to pick these is still greyed out.

Then what?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I found out from someone that I needed to set my tol_display to yes in the drawing options.

Top Tags