cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Draft datum targets will not delete from drawing - Creo 2.0

ptc-2622095
1-Newbie

Draft datum targets will not delete from drawing - Creo 2.0

In Pro/E to delete and recreate a datum target​ one only had to select and delete them, then remake them. In Creo I can selected and deleted X1, X2, and X3 from the drawing but when I go to remake them they are made as the next available numbers (X4, X5, and X6).

Does anyone know how to delete the targets from the drawing so when creating them they are the same numbers start with number 1? I tried deleting the datum points they are referencing but that didn't do it either.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

It probably has to do with managing history. If you regenerate and save, you might be able to clear the -buffer-.

I have not used them so I cannot say for sure. If no one else has an answer or you need to resolve this quickly, consider submitting a support case.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Also, did you delete them or erase them? If you erased them, it may have just hid them and they are still there.

I deleted the targets using the context menu.

Saving/regenerating didn't help. I finally did solve the problem (if you can call it a solution) by deleting the dautm points and datum plane that they were referencing in the model, then recreating them. It was a lot of work because quite a few features were refrensing the datums. This was never necessary with Pro/E.

Interesting solution. I often find that creating datums of any type for detailing use, they want to be "unique" so you don't run into the problem you found.

Thanks for posting the "solution".

I figured out how to do this. I kept trying to delete them under the annotate tab; it didn't work. I changed to the layout tab, and then I was able delete them. I hate how things behave differently between tabs.

Top Tags