cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drafting: change scale only; without really magnyfying

hhale
1-Newbie

Drafting: change scale only; without really magnyfying

I have a problem. After a complex 3D model was traced to 2D projection in 2:1 scale in "Creo Direct/Modeling-Annotation", it was exported to "Creo Direct/Drafting"(ME10) for further editing with the company standard styles, preprogrammed for ME10 many years ago.

The problem is that 2:1 scale was lost upon .mi exporting (or importing)... and now with a scale 1:1 every dimension in annotations is 2x times longer.

When changing scale to 2:1 with mouse, the part in the view-port is also magnified 2 times, which is WRONG.

How can I change only scale property of the part? Without applying any magnifying transform?

Maybe there's a way to text-edit the MI file? But I do not know the format.

3 REPLIES 3
tivancso
14-Alexandrite
(To:hhale)

Hello,

First there is no need to export the drawing out of Annotator to be able to open it up in Drafting (ME10), Annotator saves to the same format as Drafting does (.mi).

If you save the drawing in Annotator correctly as an .mi file then load it into drafting the scale should be the same as it was in Annotator 2:1 in visual scale and the dimensions should still read or created as 1:1.

If you wanted to increase or decrease the overall size of the drawing then you need to go into File Tab | Settings | System

And then in the System settings menu change the Drawing Scale as required.

Regards,

Thom

hhale
1-Newbie
(To:tivancso)

"First there is no need to export the drawing out of Annotator to be able to open it up in Drafting (ME10), Annotator saves to the same format as Drafting does (.mi)."

Well, that is an export thing. Then, by default the annotator saves in a kind of package format, so I have to choose .MI manually.

And yes, the 2:1 scale is saved as 1:1 in MI. which is wrong, but I can not do anything about it at this point.

The thing I need is to change the scale constant of the PART in Direct/Drafting(ME10)

BUT, keeping the visual (relative against other parts and the stamp-box) scale on the plot.

"And then in the System settings menu change the Drawing Scale as required."

As far as I understand, this affects not just all the parts in the project, but all the system with all the .mi files...

So, can I reduce the system scale with the part loaded, save it, bring back the system scale 1:1, load the part again? I think, no... am I right? (can not check it until Monday).

At the moment I just used geometric transform on selected edges... It works, but it can be somewhat dangerous an seems unreliable when applied to complex drawings (I am afraid of scaling errors, some bugs and omissions when applied to different geometries, it happens often in other soft). So I expected... there just should be some command, or a way to manually change THE CONSTANT alone, without invoking the mechanism of geometric transformation.

lfortner
11-Garnet
(To:hhale)

Beware of:

• Folio scale on Annotation. Each folio of the same drawing may have its own scale
  • Drawing scale for Drafting
Top Tags