cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Drawing Layers - Same As...

JWayman
1-Newbie

Drawing Layers - Same As...

Good morning,
I am familiar with making drawing layers independent of model layers, and
with selecting individual views and/or components in the drawing and
changing their layer status.
Is there a way to undo these changes? For example, if I make a specific
view's layer status different to that of the top-level drawing, can I change
my mind and make the view follow the top-level drawing?
Also, when I make the drawing layers independent of the model layers, they
all change to 'Shown'. Is there a way to make the top-level drawing layer
status start the same as the model status? As it is, I end up writing down
the layer status of the model and applying the same to the top-level drawing
once I have made it independent.

WF2

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JWayman)

Yes and I think so.

To change a view back from independent, get the view selected as the 'ACTIVE LAYER OBJECT' (just like you did to make it dependent) and in the layer box select LAYER - DRAWING DEPENDENT. If you do it often enough, there is a DRAWING DEPENDENT icon you can add. It's a chain link.

As far copying the top level drawing layer status, under the layer button there is also a COPY STATUS FROM> (MODEL) (DRAWING) (VIEW). I used it years ago a few times but haven't used it probably since 2000i or earlier so I am just assuming it works like you want it too.

Top Tags