cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Drawing Line Style changes when PDF is created

mperry
1-Newbie

Drawing Line Style changes when PDF is created

All of the axes shown in my drawing are set to the "CTRLFONT" line style but when I create my pdf they all show up as "PHANTOMFONT". Does anyone know what's causing this?

Matt

Orlando, FL

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:mperry)

If you can post the cad files and the pdf, I can have a look. This is highly unusual. Was anything changed in the configs with relation to color or linestyle?

Unfortunately my work doesn't allow me to post those things online. Nothing has been changed in the config settings that I know of. I took a look and didn't see anything. Honestly though I don't know which config parameter would drive this. Do you?

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

The only thing I can think of is a color change to the entity type.

Matthew,

you cannot post pictures and simple model+part (a cylinder) to show us your problem ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I guess I could've done that to begin with. Here's a couple of snapshots, one showing how it looks in the drawing and the other in a pdf. It's suddle in this example but in more complex drawings with lot's of bolt circles, the PHANTOMFONT just isn't clear enough.

Dwg+Line+Style.GIF

PDF+Line+Style.GIF

mperry
1-Newbie

Guess I should learn how to spell too. Meant to spell subtle*.

Matthew,

I do not see PHANTOM line in second picture. Can you upload PDF file ? Or can you zoom the problematic location in and mark it with red circle ?

Maybe your problem in "real" drawing is caused by overlaping lines inside a view.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Matthew,

I did a quick test. You can test uploaded files created in Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M130 (Wildfire 5.0).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags