cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drawing Template

dmansr25sd
1-Newbie

Drawing Template

Hey Guys I am here trying to make a template for ANSI standard based off some dxf files generated originaly in autocad. I make a format with the tables and such edit them to my liking then create a drawing to save as a .drw and my template, but the issue is whenI go to verify my work opening a part with the template drw the codes for part numbers, etc do not update and the text boxes are uneditable/clickable. I know the template parameters are applied however because of the default view state the model comes in as. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Demetri Karanikos

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

WF5, M130

I haven't played much with drawing templates. I need to make one where
my primary general view is a section view from one of my named view and
I have a single project view from that. I want to have the section line
in the projected view, but Pro/E won't let me choose that view for the
section line if it's projected.

If I create the views manually in a drawing, it will work fine, can this
not be done in a template?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer