cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Drawing modifications forcing checkout

kspabs
7-Bedrock

Drawing modifications forcing checkout

I am curious why in a large drawing, with a full assembly and all the individual detail parts dimensioned within this drawing, I have to check out individual parts when making minor dimensional changes? I'm not using model dimension nor model annotations, but in order to say add a "2X" to a drawing dimension I have to check out the model itself? Is there a way to keep this separate via config settings? Is this just how Creo works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kspabs)

Not really on an existing drawing with previously created dimensions.

There is a config option create_drawing_dimensions_only YES but it will only apply to dimension you created AFTER the option was applied.

There are some drawbacks to using this option. I only remember an issue with GD&T and not being able to attached GD&T to drawing dimensions when this option was applied. I am on Creo 4 and don't know if it has changed with the newer GD&T stuff. There may also be other issues this option causes too. I would definitely test it thoroughly before using it too much.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kspabs)

Not really on an existing drawing with previously created dimensions.

There is a config option create_drawing_dimensions_only YES but it will only apply to dimension you created AFTER the option was applied.

There are some drawbacks to using this option. I only remember an issue with GD&T and not being able to attached GD&T to drawing dimensions when this option was applied. I am on Creo 4 and don't know if it has changed with the newer GD&T stuff. There may also be other issues this option causes too. I would definitely test it thoroughly before using it too much.

Top Tags