cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing not allowing new views, tolerances

shaunfather
7-Bedrock

Drawing not allowing new views, tolerances

We just recently (this last week) upgraded to Creo4 and Windchill 10.2 from Wildfire 3 and Intralink 3.4... I'm trying to work on drawings, and am unable to add tolerances, tables, new views. I created a new part using legacy start parts and drawing formats and the tolerances are turned off (greyed out). The pictures I've attached are from a legacy drawing/assembly. I've never seen this issue anywhere before, with past upgrades I've done.

Any ideas of what I've turned off? Based off of what I have been able to find, tol_display is set to yes, and that should allow at least tolerance display and editing. I can do so in the model, but am unable to make them appear in the associated drawing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For tolerance, set detail option tol_display as yes. Open any drawing File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change Detail options > Change the value of tol_display as Yes. Once Done, change the tolerance of Dimensions. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@shaunfather wrote:

We just recently (this last week) upgraded to Creo4 and Windchill 10.2 from Wildfire 3 and Intralink 3.4... I'm trying to work on drawings, and am unable to add tolerances, tables, new views. I created a new part using legacy start parts and drawing formats and the tolerances are turned off (greyed out). The pictures I've attached are from a legacy drawing/assembly. I've never seen this issue anywhere before, with past upgrades I've done.

Any ideas of what I've turned off? Based off of what I have been able to find, tol_display is set to yes, and that should allow at least tolerance display and editing. I can do so in the model, but am unable to make them appear in the associated drawing.

Is the drawing you are attempting to edit locked in the workspace?

Seems to be licensing issue. Contact your IT and reconfigure Creo 4.0 and add all available licenses (specifically Detail) in startup configuration. 

The drawing is not locked, but it appears to have been a licensing issue, at least for the majority of my problem.

I'm still unable to add tolerances to dimensions. 

For tolerance, set detail option tol_display as yes. Open any drawing File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change Detail options > Change the value of tol_display as Yes. Once Done, change the tolerance of Dimensions. 

Reinstall creo 

Update Dat Code

Set default config. 

Reset all mapkeys and Shorkey

Restart system. 

Top Tags