cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawing saved view not the same as the model saved view

Chris3
21-Topaz I

Drawing saved view not the same as the model saved view

My colleague is working on a large assembly. He puts the model into an isometric orientation and saves it in the model with that orientation. Then he places a view on the drawing and picks that saved orientation and the model is rotated in the drawing view.

I have reproduced it on my machine with a brand new blank drawing. Both the model and the drawing are the same rep. There are no family tables at this level.

Has anyone else ever come across something like this? Any ideas? If no other ideas, we will just dial it in with rotating about references until its close to the iso in the model.

4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Chris3)

The only time I have that issue is when I modify the orientation and forget to save the view orientation. 🙄

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

I don't remember that specifically but I have made the saved orientation, then made the drawing view with the saved orientation...But later I change the orientation of the view in the model, and it doesn't change the drawing orientation. The drawing doesn't update orientation of a view if the saved model orientation is changed.

I don't think this is your situation based on your description but thought maybe its worth the comment...

Hi,

is it possible to reproduce the problem using new simple part (brick)? Maybe the problem is related to specific large assembly, only.

Martin Hanák

No the problem is not for simple parts. There is definitely something about this assembly that is causing it. @StephenW thanks for the suggestion, but I reproduced with a new view and a new drawing so its not a case of not remembering. We have moved on by just tweaking it in the view incrementally.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags