cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Drawing scale, dimensions, and sketched entities

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Drawing scale, dimensions, and sketched entities

For reasons of expediency I'm showing some features on a drawing by importing a DXF and apply created dimensions.

My drawing sheet is at 1:2 and the DXF is scaled correctly to suit that on the sheet.  However, when I create dimensions they show the actual size on the drawing, i.e. half the value they should be.

How do I make created dimensions of what are effectively sketched entities respect the drawing scale?  Creo 3.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For this reason, I pretty much never sketch in the drawing. I usually import my DXF in to a .prt file and then add that part file to a drawing. Its the same "speed" with but I absolutely hate the drawing sketch functionality, it's just way to flaky.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I'm going to take a guess, based upon behavior when I'm using sketched geometry to get dimensions. You might need to, if it lets you, select all the geometry that was imported, and "Relate to View". This works for sketched entities, maybe it's useful for your situation.

Thanks Ken.

At present I don't have a view; the geometry is effectively sketched in an empty drawing frame.  I'm surprised it doesn't use the drawing scale though.

There is no drawing scale until a model is added to the drawing. 

scale.jpg

I have a model (just no views of it) and both the border and the 'captions' are showing the scale at 1:2.  It's just my created dimensions which are appearing at 1:1.

For this reason, I pretty much never sketch in the drawing. I usually import my DXF in to a .prt file and then add that part file to a drawing. Its the same "speed" with but I absolutely hate the drawing sketch functionality, it's just way to flaky.

You're right... I should have done it that way.

Take a look in the File > Prepare > Drawing Properties and then change the detail options. In the section of the options controlling dimensions is one called draft_scale. Try changing that option.

Thanks... if I hadn't already re-created by pulling the DXF into the part as above, that could have worked.  Looks like it's just an independent value though; it doesn't appear to have the ability to link it to the actual drawing scale.

Top Tags