cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing size and PDF

Dom_BOUCHARDY
9-Granite

Drawing size and PDF

I have a question about the size of the drawing.

In a drawing, I add an assembly with 2 views.

Their view display is "No Hidden".

In Windchill the drawing size is 140MB and the pdf generated in 2 hours by the worker size is 227MB.

If I turn the view display to "shadow", the size of both drops a lot... 27 Mo for the drw, the pdf is generated in 15 minutes and size 4 Mo.

I would like to understand why and how view display works and how is it possible.

Are there options to lighten a hidden line view?

Best Regards

Dominique

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Dom_BOUCHARDY 

The big size of PDF Files produced when using default settings, and starting from large drawings using No Hidden or Hidden Line views is known to us. The reason being that per default, we configure a good compromise between performance and quality, but with preference oriented to the quality.

If you would like to decrese size of PDF Files - whatever if speaking about a Save as PDF rom Creo, or from what is produced by CAD Worker - we suggest you to look at the settings we suggest in our article 36323. This article:

• Provides settings dedicated to improve performance (if we accept to degrade a bit quality) of PDF files produced by Creo Parametric
  • But also guidance to alternate solutions outside from PTC scope in the last "workaround" section

Hope this will help you configuring the system as per your needs to decrease the size of PDF files in the future,

Otherwise, if above article won't be helpful enough, feel free of course to open a news case to PTC TEchnical support as suggested by @MartinHanak earlier

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Dom_BOUCHARDY wrote:

I have a question about the size of the drawing.

In a drawing, I add an assembly with 2 views.

Their view display is "No Hidden".

In Windchill the drawing size is 140MB and the pdf generated in 2 hours by the worker size is 227MB.

If I turn the view display to "shadow", the size of both drops a lot... 27 Mo for the drw, the pdf is generated in 15 minutes and size 4 Mo.

I would like to understand why and how view display works and how is it possible.

Are there options to lighten a hidden line view?

Best Regards

Dominique

Hi,

ask PTC Support and send them your data.

Martin Hanák

Hello @Dom_BOUCHARDY 

The big size of PDF Files produced when using default settings, and starting from large drawings using No Hidden or Hidden Line views is known to us. The reason being that per default, we configure a good compromise between performance and quality, but with preference oriented to the quality.

If you would like to decrese size of PDF Files - whatever if speaking about a Save as PDF rom Creo, or from what is produced by CAD Worker - we suggest you to look at the settings we suggest in our article 36323. This article:

• Provides settings dedicated to improve performance (if we accept to degrade a bit quality) of PDF files produced by Creo Parametric
  • But also guidance to alternate solutions outside from PTC scope in the last "workaround" section

Hope this will help you configuring the system as per your needs to decrease the size of PDF files in the future,

Otherwise, if above article won't be helpful enough, feel free of course to open a news case to PTC TEchnical support as suggested by @MartinHanak earlier

Regards,

Serge

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags