cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Drawing views not updating

gmcfadden
2-Guest

Drawing views not updating

So I have had this issue randomly for some time now.  It has persisted from Creo 2 M060 to the M200 release I am currently running, even persisting across multiple computers.   In rare instances (could be a part drawing, could be assembly drawing)  then the model is altered the drawing does not update the views.   No amount of regeneration updates the views.  So far the only consistent way I found to get the views to update was to rename the views (and then rename them back).  That sort of works but it means that every single drawing view (incl. detail and section) has to be renamed and renamed back to verify that the changes in the part/assembly show up on the drawing. 

It really is strange, and no one here has been able to figure it out.  any ideas?

thanks

Greg

5 REPLIES 5
DCG
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:gmcfadden)

Select the "Update Sheets" button to update all views:

Or "Update Drawing View" for single view.

There is a config.pro setting auto_regen_views that if set to "no" will not automatically update the views.  You might want to check that setting.  This setting is helpful on big assembly drawings when you don't want to deal with views automatically regenerating and slowing everything down.

This is set to YES by default, but there seems to be an issue in Creo 2.0 and Creo 3.0 where I have to actually change a view display setting (from no-hidden to wireframe, and then back), to get the drawing to show the update.

I am assuming that this is a bug and NOT a setting issue....

It's a bummer though, because it could put a user in an endless loop of trying to figure this out. This happened to one of mine this morning.

Mike Emerson
13 Yrs.
NAPTCRUG President

If you are on support, you should submit to PTC tech support.

I would test it on another machine to see if it is repeatable.

I do have model issues from time to time where the model requires multiple regenerations.  this is often due to relations catching up if they are operating serially.

Drawings seem to keep up with the final successful regeneration.  I have seen instances where I needed to regenerate the views to see this.  Rarely, if ever, have a seen the need for multiple regenerations on a drawing if the model is already up to snuff.  However, I have seen things that Creo considers regenerated although a change was made.  What is missing from the model is a forced regeneration (regenerate anyway!).

Anything that is repeatable is reportable!  If you can logically organize your support case to reproduce your issue (even it means using your files), then PTC support will tell you why!  If you have the option and it is important to you, by all means, report it in a support case.  This is what makes Creo better for all of us.

Top Tags