cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Drawings: Before and after configurations on the same sheet

olliecampbell
6-Contributor

Drawings: Before and after configurations on the same sheet

Hi,

This might bring into question my processes but bear with me....

Is there a way to create a drawing with 'before' and 'after' drawings for making configuration changes?

I realise that you could just have 2 separate drawings of the configurations on separate sheets but all on one would be much easier for the installation team to see and understand the differences quickly.

Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just for cleanliness I thought I would detail my solution.....it was basically using the 'Component display' option to customise each view on a drawing by blanking the items I didn't want to see. And doing this per view.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please explain the meaning of Before and after configurations ... attach a picture.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak 

Ok I will as soon as I pull it all together! 🙂 In the meantime I'll try and describe what I mean a little better:

Our outer 'package' is a shipping container and what's changing inside is what I'm trying to get configuration snapshots of.

'Before' could be our outer package with an internal configuration using our components arranged in a set way.

'After' is a change in configuration with different internal components and arrangements.

It's getting those differences shown visually that I'm after i.e. a drawing with 'before' (this is how it's setup now) and 'after' (this is how I want it setup now) that I can then hand to our manufacturing team to get the work done.

I hope that makes more sense?

Hi,

I understand your description. To get some suggestions you have to explain how before/after configurations are made in Creo ... one assembly, two different assemblies -AND- explain how you can represent configuration changes in drawing.

Note: I think you know that Creo drawing can have two drawing models and can contain views containing these models.

Martin Hanák

Just for cleanliness I thought I would detail my solution.....it was basically using the 'Component display' option to customise each view on a drawing by blanking the items I didn't want to see. And doing this per view.

Thanks for your help.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags