cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawings: Before and after configurations on the same sheet

olliecampbell
6-Contributor

Drawings: Before and after configurations on the same sheet

Hi,

This might bring into question my processes but bear with me....

Is there a way to create a drawing with 'before' and 'after' drawings for making configuration changes?

I realise that you could just have 2 separate drawings of the configurations on separate sheets but all on one would be much easier for the installation team to see and understand the differences quickly.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just for cleanliness I thought I would detail my solution.....it was basically using the 'Component display' option to customise each view on a drawing by blanking the items I didn't want to see. And doing this per view.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please explain the meaning of Before and after configurations ... attach a picture.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak 

Ok I will as soon as I pull it all together! 🙂 In the meantime I'll try and describe what I mean a little better:

Our outer 'package' is a shipping container and what's changing inside is what I'm trying to get configuration snapshots of.

'Before' could be our outer package with an internal configuration using our components arranged in a set way.

'After' is a change in configuration with different internal components and arrangements.

It's getting those differences shown visually that I'm after i.e. a drawing with 'before' (this is how it's setup now) and 'after' (this is how I want it setup now) that I can then hand to our manufacturing team to get the work done.

I hope that makes more sense?

Hi,

I understand your description. To get some suggestions you have to explain how before/after configurations are made in Creo ... one assembly, two different assemblies -AND- explain how you can represent configuration changes in drawing.

Note: I think you know that Creo drawing can have two drawing models and can contain views containing these models.

Martin Hanák

Just for cleanliness I thought I would detail my solution.....it was basically using the 'Component display' option to customise each view on a drawing by blanking the items I didn't want to see. And doing this per view.

Thanks for your help.

Top Tags