cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawings from ProE to Microsoft Word

PhilipRoy
1-Newbie

Drawings from ProE to Microsoft Word

Hey people; I need to get drawings into word in some way or another so that they appear in high quality. I'm wondering if there is some way to either do this quickly from ProE, or through various other programs. The programs at my disposal are adobe acrobat, word, proe, and autocad. I have already tried the following: 1. from proe -> dxf -> autocad -> import object into word 2. from proe -> pdf -> jpeg -> import object into word Option 1 seems to work the best, however on a non-inkjet printer, the lines show up very dim and I am not sure how to fix it (I tried adjusting lineweight to no avail). Option 2 works aswell, but it is poorer quality. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Try saving the drawing as a PDF the go to Insert>Object>Create from file>Browse and select the drawing from whatever folder you saved it to. Make sure 'display as icon' is unchecked or you will just get a pdf icon. I tried it and seems OK but you will have to decide for yourself if the quality is good enough.

Maybe try adjusting the resolution quality when you save the drawing as a PDF..

Hello Roy, Save your drawing as a CGM then bring that into word/powerpoint. Make sure you change your background to Black on White before you create your CGM. After you insert your CGM into word/powerpoint, you need to drag the CGM image from the corners only to fit your Page Size. If you drag from anything other than the corners your image will become distorted/stretched. Good Luck. Chander

This way is pretty crude but it works for me: 1. Tap the "Prt Scrn" key on your keyboard (Short for "Print Screen") after positioning the screen onto the drawing you want. 2. Open up the Word document. 3. Press "Ctrl-V" (Short for "Paste"). 4. Use Word's image editing features to crop/resize the image as needed. An alternative method may be used in conjunction with MSPAINT to crop/adjust the image as you need.[/list][/list]
Top Tags