cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Driven dims layer rule

ehill
1-Newbie

Driven dims layer rule

I am tweaking our templates and am getting stuck on the layer definition for driven/created dims. I prefer to use rule-based layers vs. default layers because it is easier to consistentlyadd them to legacy or outside models using a mapkey. I started out by creating a default layer using:

def_layer layer_driven_dim 5_DRIVEN_DIMS

Everything works fine with that default layer. I then convert it to a rules-based layer, which gives me the following rule:

Look for: Dimension

Look by: Dimension

Attributes Rule: Type = Geometry driven

This new rules-based layer does not work at all for created dimensions. I have also tried what I would have used normally by wading through the rule options:

Look for: Driven Dimension

Look by: Driven Dimension

History Rule: All

This does not work at all either! This seems like a bug to me but haven't gotten through the grind with PTC support yet. Does anyone have any experience with this particular layer and item type, or a rules-based layer that does what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Hill
Staff Engineer
ASM America

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags