cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Dxf's

ptc-2266347
1-Newbie

Dxf's

Hi im getting a problem when i save a drawing as a dxf to send to a manufacturer the sizes on my Pro-e drawing are fine but the dxf is showing the scaled sizes i.e im using scale of 1:2 on my Pro-e drawing which is still showing the correct dim(100mm) but when this is opened as a dxf by the manufacturer its showing(50mm) any ideas?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

When exporting to a dxf from a drawing it is always necessary to set your scale to 1:1. In the pro/e drawing, proe knows that the model view is scaled and the dimensions are correct because of that, but, when the geometry is exported, it comes out the actual size shown in the proe drawing.

thankyou but could you explain(set youre drawing to 1:1)or more precisely how to set youre scale(very new at this) thanks

Mr. Buchanan, I understand. In the drawing file. The scale value is shown in the lower left corner of the screen. To change it, simply double click on it with your left mouse button and type in the number 1. Thanks, Clifton

hi thanks again but i have already tried this but the results are the same

as far as i know, the value of dimension cant be changed while u save a drw to dxf. A dimn which is 100 in drw, will be 100 in dxf also. but yes, u can change the actual length. If ur proe drw scale is 0.5, then actual length of 100 size will be 50. If u want this actual length to be 50 (or 100) in dxf, then u can do it using config option - dxf_out_scale_views. If u set it YES, actual length in dxf will be 100 (means ur dxf will be 1:1). If u set it NO (which is default), actual length in dxf will be 50. But in both cases, the dimn will show 100 (the same as in proe drw file). Ankur.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags