cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Editing text in tables painfully slow

jskraba
7-Bedrock

Editing text in tables painfully slow

In Creo 4 M080, I have a drawing with simple table on (no parameters, only spaces in each cell to retain formatting of the cell).

When I try to edit or enter text in a cell, for the life of me, I'm struggling with it. First, I prehighlight the cell I would like to enter text into and click it with LMB twice. Cursor sometimes shows, sometimes doesn't, however if I start typing text gets entered. 

Now, if I want to edit the text in the cell (e.g. insert the text into existing one), I repeat the procedure above, whereas I additionally click the position where I want to start inserting new text. Again, cursor sometimes shows, sometimes doesn't.

How on earth am I supposed to know, that I may start entering text, when no cursor is shown?

Are there any cases open with PTC? Are there any workarounds? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:jskraba)

I have this exact problem with the cursor being rather flaky. I do find that if I zoom in a bit it often magically appears. It's either the zooming or my expletives that make it show up.

The text editing functionality of Creo 4 has been most definitely a downgrade in performance.

Kealan
3-Visitor

I struggle with this also!  

Best workflow I've found is to single click the empty cell to select it, then pause for a second, then double click to start typing.

If the cell has text in it already, click once to select, pause, and click once at the location you want to put the cursor.

It seems to work better if you pause for a moment in between selecting the cell and then inserting the cursor for some reason. 

If the text entry is slow, make sure your clipboard is empty. There's a bug whereby having a large amount of data on your clipboard massively slows down creo drawing text entry to the point where it lags for several seconds. Re-copying a single character in MS Notepad onto your clipboard makes sure your clipboard only has the one letter on it.

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Kealan)

I never knew the clipboard thing. I always thought it was just a random occurrence when it'd jam up like that.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I agree, with the curser being a bit flakey.  Zoom level seems to be the most important factor in if it shows up or not.  Selecting the cell, waiting 1/2 second then double click works will for getting into the cell. 

Tried loading up the clip board and did see a difference in cell response when typing in a cell, Also does the same in notes.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags