cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Enhancement Request: "Save CL file" behavior in Creo/Parametric 5.0 and Creo change back as in Wildfire 3.

bwindey
6-Contributor

Enhancement Request: "Save CL file" behavior in Creo/Parametric 5.0 and Creo change back as in Wildfire 3.

R&D changed behavior of "Save CL File" (\Edit \CLData \Output \Operation \OP010 \File \Done) in Creo/Parametric 5.0 and Creo in a PDM linked session. Now the clfilename consist of the "operation name" and the "filename" of the program (OP010_MFG0001.ncl). In older releases, the Clfilename consisted of the operation name only (OP010.ncl). When using Creo standalone, behavior is not changed.

R&D modified this behavior because of possible filename conflicts is the user workspace. All very well, but I do not save any cl file in the workspace. I use config.pro parameters: "pro_mf_cl_dir" and "pro_mf_tape_dir" to redirect the output of the cl files and tape files in a working directory.

I request an enhancement to use behavior as in a standalone session:

-       When "pro_mf_cl_dir" and/or "pro_mf_tape_dir" is set the “operator name” for the Clfilename.

-       Or create a new config.pro parameter to avoid the new behavior and use “operator name” only.

Refer to Ptc case 11254438

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

We here would also like this enhancement.  The adding of the file name to the CLData output is distracting and causes us quite a bit of problems. 

Top Tags