cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Entering text in a note on a drawing.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Entering text in a note on a drawing.

I am in the process of testing a Stream Deck XL for improvements in office automation. A large ECO needs a note added. I put the text in Stream Deck so that when I open the text dialogue box it would enter the text.

Here is the text:

Dale_Rosema_0-1636042628289.png

Here is what I end up with in Creo.

Dale_Rosema_1-1636042676214.png

Is this a font issue or something else?

If I copy and paste it from another drawing, or even from the text in the stream deck it works.

Dale_Rosema_2-1636042773892.png

Thanks,

Dale

10 REPLIES 10
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Could be a formatting issue with embedded characters in the Stream Deck file. I know Word files do not always cut and paste directly as they contain embedded control characters in their formatting.

Hi,

do you mean following device ?

https://www.elgato.com/en/stream-deck-xl 

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin,

Yes, that the devise. I use it for live streaming at my church and can call camera presets, scenes, publish them to the stream.

I was thinking that it might be useful at work and wanted to try it out on a couple of things: Creo, MasterCAM, Excel, ....

That was my first attempt with Creo. It seemed like a relatively simple task.

Thanks,

Dale

NOTHING is ever a "Simple Task" in Creo...🤣🤣🤣

Laughing HARD at this. You have to be a Creo Guru to have a "simple task".

I recommend putting the text into a mapkey and having the stream deck trigger the mapkey. Or you can run the mapkey from your keyboard.... Or a full secondary keyboard. I made some setup files to do it buts it's much more to learn and more software. Hidmacros and autohotkey. Shame I can't install on my Work computer or I'd develop script for it more.

You can also append/add text from from a file. Which again can be setup to trigger from a mapkey. 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Elgato asked to check it out in other software.

Word works

Excel works

Office works

Draftsight works

ProCam works.

But not Creo. Neither in a text box or at the command prompt.

I have a SD XL, and it works fine for map keys.
I'm using this.
It paste all my boring map keys...
Even with "Enter Key" so several Map keys...

DominiqueCHENTR_0-1684969996263.png

Sorry, screenshot is in French...

Thank you,
But what do you mean about :

"Elgato asked to check it out in other software.

Word works

Excel works

Office works"

I can't find and understand...
Thanks

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dom_CHENTRE)

I went on their help sight and filled out a form. It was a year and a half ago, so I do not remember the specifics.

I recently came across a plug-in software for "typing" because I found out that Elgato actually copies and paste but doesn't type.

The software is for Mac's so I can get extra things to work at church. I haven't found one yet for Windows.

Top Tags