cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Erasing lines in sectioned view in a proe drawing

AnkurAggarwal
1-Newbie

Erasing lines in sectioned view in a proe drawing

Hi All, In a proe drawing, I have 2 views. Front and left views. I created a cross section in left view. Now I want to erase those lines in left view which are produced as a result of creating cross section. Is it possible? If yes, how? Ankur
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Entity lines: View/Drawing display/edge display/ease line

The lines I want to erase are not entity lines. These are a result of cross section (I mean these are intersection of cross section plane and solid surfaces). I tried using edge display/ease line, but could not do it. Is there any other way?

I'm glad you clarified the lines you wanted. The cross section lines could be set on spacing such that they are not longer visible in the section view. Or you could change the type of cross section lines so that they appear better on the drawing. Section views are supposed to have cross section lines by definition, but sometimes people don't always follow drafting standards.

Eric, thanx for the post. But I could not get what u want to say. How does it work - "The cross section lines could be set on spacing such that they are not longer visible in the section view". can u plz let me understand. Thanx.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:AnkurAggarwal)

Cross hatch lines can be erased by simply double clicking in the sectioned area. A menu will come up on the right. There you can adjust angle or spacing of the hatch lines, or erase them. To get them back, there is a menu option under erase "show".
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Chris, thanx, but I m not talking about hatching lines. I m talking about the lines which are produced when solid surfaces are cut by cross section plane. My actual part is a bit complicated. So, Just for an example, i have attached a pic. In the pic, in left view, i want to erase the red hilighted lines (i.e lines of holes). I will erase hatching too. Now, how can I erase red lines? I hope u can understand my question now.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:AnkurAggarwal)

I understand what you want to delete now,... but I don't understand why? Those lines represent geometry... why would you want them gone? Regardless... go to "View\Drawing Display\Edge Display". Another side menu will come up and you can erase selected edges. If you cannot erase what you want there... I don't think it can be done. Hope this works.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

View\Drawing Display\Edge Display ...was the first thing I tried, but didnt work out. Actualy my part is very different from this. But as far as proe is concerned, this problem is same as that of my actual part. It is because of manufacturing drawing practices. Anyone if has answer, please respond. Thanx.

Perhaps you can make a partial cross section with the cross sectioned portion so small that it doesn't show on the final drawing. It could work if you make a pdf which has rather thick lines. I assume that you want the cross section arrows in the original view but no cross section in the actual view. A workaround could be to make an auxiliary view instead of a cross section. You still get the cross section arrows in the original view but no cross hatching. Another workaround could be to make two left views where the cross sectioned one is placed outside the drawing template.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2175859)

Try making a new cross section that does not cut through the hole in your part... perhaps in front of the hole. Then your section view would basically be the overall outline of the part only. The hatching can then be deleted as mentioned above.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Top Tags