cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Error Handling in Intrlaink Scripting

pperry
1-Newbie

Error Handling in Intrlaink Scripting

I am trying to write a script that exports several drawings from an Intralink 3.4 database. I can get the export to work, but occasionally there is a file (usually a document) that cause an export error -- which crashes the script. I can click on OK and cancel the window and contiue manually. I would like to put this into the script. I tried putting the lines in hte exception handling area of the script but that did not seem to do anything. I have also changed the check out to Required from all which should alleviate some of the errors. But the actual error handling so the script can continue would be much better.

Thanks for your hlpe.

Patrick Perry -- BAE Systems

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

> I am trying to write a script that exports several drawings from an Intralink 3.4
> database. I can get the export to work, but occasionally there is a file (usually
> a document) that cause an export error -- which crashes the script.

As a workaround for non-Pro/E files, you might want to copy the file directly from
the .proi workspace folder. You probably already know this, but don't use this
approach for Pro/E files.

Hopefully you can get the error handling to work and you won't have to resort to
workarounds.

Marc
--
Marc Mettes
-
Visit My CAD/PDM AutomationBlog
Or, Subscribe to My CAD/PDM Automation Blog by Email

Top Tags