cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

European standard

ptc-5047719
1-Newbie

European standard

Good evening,

I just downloaded Creo Elements/Pro School Edition but I have an American edition (and I am French).

How can I switch the American norm into the European norm for the drawing ?

Thank you.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You want 1st angle projection. There is a configuration setting for this in the .dtl file.

projection_type first_angle

You will find the detail configuration options in: (While the drawing is active)

File tab > Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options Use the find to find "projection" and change it from the default third_angle to first_angle.

I recommend saving your custom .dtl file for future use as you create more custom configurations.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

If you use the metric templates for your part, assembly, and drawing files, you will have a lot of your configurations settings set for ISO standards. In the long run, you will want to standardize your config.pro and a <drawingconfig>.dtl file that can be loaded by default. It takes a bit of work, but does allow for significant customization.

OK thanks !

But my main problem is in the drawing part : I want the left view on the right of the front view, the top view on the bottom, etc (while with american convention, the left view is set on the left ...). Is it possible to change this ?

You want 1st angle projection. There is a configuration setting for this in the .dtl file.

projection_type first_angle

You will find the detail configuration options in: (While the drawing is active)

File tab > Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options Use the find to find "projection" and change it from the default third_angle to first_angle.

I recommend saving your custom .dtl file for future use as you create more custom configurations.

It works !

Thank you very much for your help !

If you speak some german there is a set of settings and tools here:

http://www.inneo.de/produkte/downloadseiten/downloadformular-studentenversion-startup-tools/

They are free for students but you have to register.

Reinhard

Top Tags