cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Explode text with part

SB_10193064
3-Visitor

Explode text with part

Hello Everyone,

I'm having trouble getting text to follow a part when I do an exploded view. Few various manufacturing reasons we don't want the text to be added at the part level, it needs to be added on the assembly level. I've tried two ways. 

Sketch>project and Sketch>copy paste surface>Wrap. Wrap because the text is on a cylinder. When I explode the assembly, the text is left floating in space and edit position will not allow me to move the text.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SB_10193064 

As documented in About Exploded Views section of Creo Parametric Help Center, the exploded views are dedicated to show components exploded. Here if I follow you, the wrap (not the warp) feature is actually an "assembly feature" if I follow you when you way "we don't want the text to be added at the part level".

If you confirm my understanding, you cannot "explode" it, because it's an assembly feature. Therefore:

• if you want to be able to "explode" it
  • Starting from a wrap feature originally who absolutely needs to be created in assembly mode

=> I suggest following approach (illustrated in attached movie):

1. Create an empty component
  2. Copy the curve resulting from Wrap feature as External Copy Geometry
  3. Drag this component when configuring the Explode State

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Serge

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SB_10193064 

As documented in About Exploded Views section of Creo Parametric Help Center, the exploded views are dedicated to show components exploded. Here if I follow you, the wrap (not the warp) feature is actually an "assembly feature" if I follow you when you way "we don't want the text to be added at the part level".

If you confirm my understanding, you cannot "explode" it, because it's an assembly feature. Therefore:

• if you want to be able to "explode" it
  • Starting from a wrap feature originally who absolutely needs to be created in assembly mode

=> I suggest following approach (illustrated in attached movie):

1. Create an empty component
  2. Copy the curve resulting from Wrap feature as External Copy Geometry
  3. Drag this component when configuring the Explode State

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Serge

Thanks Serge,

The explanation along with the video was very helpful. This will definitely work. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:SB_10193064)

If the text can be created in the part model.  You could suppress in the part model and use flexibility in the assembly to unsuppress it.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Thanks kdirth,

Good suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Top Tags