Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export formula driven lattice to iges format

NN_9771247
Participant

Export formula driven lattice to iges format

Hello,

I created gyroid and diamond structure in Creo by Engineering -> lattice -> formula driven. Then I exported this to STL file and printed it... But now I need to do some analysys in Ansys... so I need igs format (because Ansys do not support STL to do analyses). Is the way how to convert structure from STL (or prt, where I creted this structure) to iges format ? Or how to solve this problem ? How to do analyses of minimal surfaces strucutre if I can not create solid model from them ?

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english.  Have a nice day to all of you

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Export formula driven lattice to iges format

You output IGES the same way you made the STL file. Open the .prt file and do File->Save As. Scroll down to IGES in the list of file types and that will make you the file you want.

@NN_9771247 wrote:

Hello,

I created gyroid and diamond structure in Creo by Engineering -> lattice -> formula driven. Then I exported this to STL file and printed it... But now I need to do some analysys in Ansys... so I need igs format (because Ansys do not support STL to do analyses). Is the way how to convert structure from STL (or prt, where I creted this structure) to iges format ? Or how to solve this problem ? How to do analyses of minimal surfaces strucutre if I can not create solid model from them ?

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english.  Have a nice day to all of you

Hi,

you can use FreeCAD.

Please read https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Importing-stl-files-into-Creo-Parametric-3-0-an... discussion.

Martin Hanák

I already tried this... But my stl format have about 4 000 000 polygons and when I want to create igs this way Freecad still crashed. I have 16GB memory ram and I think it is not enought...Is there other solution ?

@NN_9771247 wrote:

I already tried this... But my stl format have about 4 000 000 polygons and when I want to create igs this way Freecad still crashed. I have 16GB memory ram and I think it is not enought...Is there other solution ?

Hi,

I am sorry I do not have any other idea.

Martin Hanák

File->Save As->Save a Copy and select IGES.

You have the option to customize your export

Bogdan_0-1612811313807.png

Bogdan M
Announcements