cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting DXF for CNC

kkja
1-Newbie

Exporting DXF for CNC

We have a new batch of CNC programmers for our sheet metal parts. They asked me if I could export the DXF of the flat pattern without the drawing border. I guess the experienced programmers have always removed the 4 lines of the border.

Is it possible to export a DXF of a drawing without the border? (geometry only)

Is it possible to export a DXF of just the drawing view? (possible workaround if the above isn't possible)

WF5 M080

Thanks,

Jeff <><

4 REPLIES 4

Yes is very common to place a scale 1:1 flat view for CNC to use.
What we do is place a scale 1:1 flat view on top of the drawing or on a separate sheet.
This way the flat scale 1 stays with the drawing.
In your case I think the best way is to create a separate sheet without the borders (drawing format).

----------

Why don't you just export the model as a DXF file. No borders, no scaling, no notes, no dimensions, just the 3D model. Most sheet metal packages take that and flatten it into a 2D view anyway.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

You have probably solved this (it's been six years now) but I'm answering in case someone else wants to know. 

Below the drawing window there is a ribbon. On the left it say Sheet1, right click on that and select Setup. Then uncheck the box that says Show Format

alouw
5-Regular Member
(in response to Phaethon)

Much better way to deal with that problem then deleting the formats. I'm actually going to test if I can do this in my sheet metal start part.

I've been looking in to mass exports of DXF's and this was a bit of a problem.

Announcements