cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Exporting DXF for CNC

kkja
1-Newbie

Exporting DXF for CNC

We have a new batch of CNC programmers for our sheet metal parts. They asked me if I could export the DXF of the flat pattern without the drawing border. I guess the experienced programmers have always removed the 4 lines of the border.

Is it possible to export a DXF of a drawing without the border? (geometry only)

Is it possible to export a DXF of just the drawing view? (possible workaround if the above isn't possible)

WF5 M080

Thanks,

Jeff <><

4 REPLIES 4
DiVenti
1-Newbie
(To:kkja)

Yes is very common to place a scale 1:1 flat view for CNC to use.
What we do is place a scale 1:1 flat view on top of the drawing or on a separate sheet.
This way the flat scale 1 stays with the drawing.
In your case I think the best way is to create a separate sheet without the borders (drawing format).

----------
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Why don't you just export the model as a DXF file. No borders, no scaling, no notes, no dimensions, just the 3D model. Most sheet metal packages take that and flatten it into a 2D view anyway.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.
Phaethon
3-Visitor

You have probably solved this (it's been six years now) but I'm answering in case someone else wants to know. 

Below the drawing window there is a ribbon. On the left it say Sheet1, right click on that and select Setup. Then uncheck the box that says Show Format

alouw
9-Granite
(To:Phaethon)

Much better way to deal with that problem then deleting the formats. I'm actually going to test if I can do this in my sheet metal start part.

I've been looking in to mass exports of DXF's and this was a bit of a problem.

Top Tags