cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Exporting a DXF with Shaded Views

bwudtke
10-Marble

Exporting a DXF with Shaded Views

Hey Community,

I was just trying to export a dxf for a vendor with the view display being, "Shaded" , or "Shaded with Edges" Is there a special setting or procurement that I have to do in order for this to work? If I run a "No Hidden" view display, I do get the dxf to show correctly, but I would like to do this with the "Shaded." Can someone please help me out, or let me know what I have to do? I thought maybe it had something to do with the color maps, but I am not sure.

I also noticed that if I have a picture embedded in the model it doesn't like to export as a .png file when trying to do the export. Can I have this export as a png in my dxf also with a setting change??

Thank you,

Brock

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I am trying to accomplish the same thing. We have drawings with shaded views on them and our vendors and distributors need access to these Pro/E drawings but they don't have Pro/E. One tool we use is LinkAccess by Fishbowl Solutions to convert the Pro/E drawing to either dwg or dxf and for some reason the shaded views don't get exported from Pro/E, they just don't show up in the dxf when I try to open the exported dxf within Pro/E.

We have 1 distributor that uses Draftsight and when they open an exported dwg file, there's a place holder for a .png file where the shaded view should be and the error in Draftsight says, "File not found - blahblahblah.png"

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

James62
10-Marble
(To:bwudtke)

Not sure if DXF format supports bitmaps, but DWG 2007 file format or maybe even DWG 2004 file format sure do support bitmaps in drawings.

In default shaded views from Pro/E drawings always export as bitmaps, that's why you cannot display them in regular vector based CAD such as ACAD or Draftsight using an older format.

I didn't test this, but I guess setting the config.pro option force_wireframe_in_drawings to yes might take care of your trouble with existing drawings containing shaded views. So your customer, supplier or whoever can see the views at lest in wireframe.

I guess if the view is specifically set to shaded then it will just show as shaded anyway, according to that config.pro option description, but it might be worth trying out.

Top Tags