cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Exporting multiple STEP files from components at assy

rmees-2
3-Visitor

Exporting multiple STEP files from components at assy

Hello everyone:

I can currently open up a Pro assy, and export IGES, and I think I get an option that says "all parts". This is handy as it automatically IGES's out all the parts that comprise the assy. One click and I'm done.

Is there a similar way to do this with STEP? I don't see the same options for STEP, and it looks like it wants me to open up every part and STEP save it out. Definitely much more time.

Anyway to make it behave like IGES out translation?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

From the Pro/E install disk you can also install Distributed Pro/Batch.
Using this utility you can specify what file formats to print,exportto (iges, step, pdf, etc) and which files to apply this to.
As an example you can export to pdf,step, iges andprint all at the sametime.
The install can be done on a standalone machine or setup a server to manage multiple machines.

Hope this helps,
DonAnderson

Top Tags