cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Exporting the x,y,z position of a point to Excel

njanho
1-Newbie

Exporting the x,y,z position of a point to Excel

Hello ,

I am trying to export the (x,y,z) position of a point associated to one of the solids present in my assembly whith respect to the default coordinate system.

it is known that I can export dimensions and parameters using excel analysis, but how can I export the (x,y,z) coordinates.

Thanks for your help PTC community !!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:njanho)

Try an iges export. This should list all points with X,Y, and Z coordinates within the file.

If you measure the transform from the default, that produces a file with the XYZ in it.

If you need it more automated, you could write a tiny script in Pro/Web.Link to push it over.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:njanho)

Hello Nicola,

have the posts from Antonius and Christopher answered your question and helped you solve your task?

It is always nice to get feedback. Also making use of the Correct Answer / Helpful Answer is a good way to mark a thread as answered and highlight relevant answers for others.

Gunter

Top Tags