cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Family Table Assembly with a Family Table component

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Family Table Assembly with a Family Table component

I have an assembly which has a family table in it. There are two components in the assembly, one is a bushing and the other is a generic component from a family table. The bushing will be common in all assembly instances. In the assembly family table, I have the generic component in a column of the table, and have all the different component instances for each assemble instance. For example, my assembly has 3 instances, 111111-001, 111111-002 & 111111-003, and the component in the assembly that gets swapped out is 222222-001, 222222-002 & 222222-003. So assembly 111111-001 uses component 222222-001, and so forth.

So my question is on the drawing I have a table with a repeat region and want to have the component in each instance to show up in the table. I can't seem to make it work right. If I create a simple repeat region and use "&fam.inst.param.value" I can get the component to show up but all the other items in the family table show up too. I tried to add a filter to only show the component, but it doesn't seem to work. Everything else works, but the component one. To get by, I just created a parameter in the assembly, and have it in the family table and type in each component instance, and that fills in my table. But to me there should be a way to have the actual component populate the table since it's in the family table.

Thanks!

Ted

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Howdy,

With your filtering you did tell it what column to look for and what the default columnname from the generic to filter was?

instance column filter example:
&fam.inst.name == *111111-*

componentcolumn filter example:
&fam.inst.param.name == 222222-001
&fam.inst.name == *111111-*

That's assuming the component assembled in the generic is 222222-001, and assuming each repeat region column in your table is a single independant cell. Other guys at my place of work have merged muliple column cells into on repeat region and that occationally makes for quirky outcomes.

Matt Bracht

Senior Design Engineer

The GSI Group

-

Top Tags