cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Family table in PVZ-files

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock

Family table in PVZ-files

Hello,

Since going from WF2 to Creo2 we dumped e-drawings in favor of PVZ and CreoView. But I can't find anyway to have multiple instances in one PVZ. And when I Google it, all I get is Plants Vs. Zombies ...

Anyone?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Please explain exactley what you are trying to accomplish. If I make a change to the generic, verify the family table, and then switch back to my PDMLink workspace all of the instances show "+" meaning that they were modified locally.

familytable.bmp

I check all files (generic and instances) in to Commonspace and each file gets its own .pvz file.

RV_5434567
7-Bedrock
(To:llie)

Actually, I want to make a PVZ without checking in. I first make a rough concept of a product, of which I make a PVZ to send to some coworkers, so they can give their opinion. Since this is not a finished design yet, it doesn't get checked in.

In Creo I just use 'Save As' to make these temp-PVZ's. But I want a choice to have the instances in the same file.

I like to relaunch the question above. Is it possible to make a PVZ-file with multiple instances in it?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:RV_5434567)

I haven't tried it, but I wonder what would happen if you added each family table to a single assembly and then made a PVZ of this assembly...

Top Tags