cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Family table: mass in repeat region

atibbitts
1-Newbie

Family table: mass in repeat region

I have seen other posts and tried them with no success.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to display on a drawing repeat region the Mass of each individual item on a family table.

Currently I thought &fam.inst.param.name == mass would work.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Aric,

I think that you have to add "MASS" parameter column into family table and enter its values manually. I can't imagine any automatic solution...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

In each of our parts and assemblies we have a parameter called mass as a real number

This is in the template so it gets populated at each new model generated.

in each of our parts we have a relation:

/** mass properties of the part file

mass=mp_mass("")

volume=mp_volume("")

surf_area=mp_surf_area("")

cgx=mp_cg_x("","c-x0y0z0","") /* may vary based on part csys name

cgy=mp_cg_y("","c-x0y0z0","") /* may vary based on part csys name

cgz=mp_cg_z("","c-x0y0z0","") /* may vary based on part csys name

/** end of mass properties of part file

in each of our assemblies we have a relation:

/** mass properties of the assembly file

mass=mp_mass("")

volume=mp_volume("")

surf_area=mp_surf_area("")

cgx=mp_cg_x("","asy_csys_def","") /* may vary based on assy csys name

cgy=mp_cg_y("","asy_csys_def","") /* may vary based on assy csys name

cgz=mp_cg_z("","asy_csys_def","") /* may vary based on assy csys name

/** end mass properties of the assembly file

In your bom table, add a column with a report parameter &asm.mbr.mass

based upon your bom table, it will report accordingly.

(qualification statement - at least mine does....)

ron

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:atibbitts)

Family table instances behave differently than standalone parts and assemblies.  Take a look at this article from PTC tech support on how to create a repeat region that correctly updates and displays the mass for family table instances.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS143060

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:TomU)

Tom,

thanks for sending the link. I have tested CS143060 procedure in CR2 M070 and it works well. Just one additional note: All family table instances must be verified. The verification process puts correct values into weight column.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MartinHanak)

I wasn't real keen on setting the config option "mass_property_calculate" to "automatic".  This could cause serious performance issues when working on large assemblies.  I think I would turn it on just long enough to have the family table's mass value calculated, then turn it off when done.  The last calculated value will remain in the table, even with the option off.

atibbitts
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Thanks tom for this post link. I was able to finally able to get my table to work with

1. Assigning a feature called MASS and assigning it a parameter to be equal to pro_mp_mass.

2. Then built a table to call this as a inst.fam.param.value

Top Tags