cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Family table models keeps showing as modified in Workspace

ShandRonnie
5-Regular Member

Family table models keeps showing as modified in Workspace

Willfire 3.0 M150 and Intralink 3.4

I have a large assembly (over 1000 parts) and some of the hardware are generics with many instances.

The problem is that one of the generics and its 30 instances always gets changed (marked modified) in my workspace as if there was a change when I save the top level assembly. So I have to update them beforechecking inmy other real modified objects.

This troublesome generic is a library item and is locked in a read only folder in Commonspace. Maybe I could change the generic to read only (under Edit).

What could be causing this behavior?

Maybe some references of the instances back to the assembly?

Any will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie Shand

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Are you using Copy geometry option in any of your model? If it's make it that copy geometry as external copy geometry. So it will not refer any components when u r going to check in that family table generic in 3.4

Let me know still u need some things

Suganthan Rajamanickam
Pro-e System Analyst

Ronnie.....do your generic/instance models have any part/feature relations that are also in the table? If so, they could be a potential source. The models are being modified because of a regeneration of either the generic or instance tosatify a feature, parameteror relation in the models. You'll need to do some testing to weed out the suspectfeature/parameter/relation. Create a new test generic/instance with absolutely no feature/parameter/relation dependencies and test to see ifyou have the same workspace indications of modifications when this is used in your assembly. If successful, make the needed adjustments within the production generic/instance model.

Regards,

Jim

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags