cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Fastener errors in mechanica

reismj88
1-Newbie

Fastener errors in mechanica

I created 4 triangular sheetmetal parts (2 parts, 2 mirrored parts) with a flat wall bend at one side. These triangular parts are then assembled onto a bracket at the 4 corners. On the assembly level I cut out bolt holes into each triangular part (1 cut has all the holes). Then I put the fasteners in, define a preload, etc. I'm getting this error:

"The fastener references are not oriented correctly. This happens if the associated surfaces are not oriented such that the normal of the top reference surface points away from the normal of the bottom surface."

The thing is, I'm only getting that error on the mirrored parts, not the original parts. The references shouldn't change, and I've redefined the fasteners twice. Can anyone shed some light into what that error is telling me? It's not very intuitive, considering the faces of the two surfaces involved are parallel.

Thanks,

mike

2 REPLIES 2

The error description ended up not having anything to do with what was causing it. Mechanica wouldn't mesh a sheetmetal part, and so the fastener was being defined on a surface that didn't technically exist in the mesh. Not sure how that has anything to do with the error it threw but the problem has been resolved

Thanks for posting!  So what did you do?  I have the same issue but it's on a part that previously meshed and ran but now is giving me issues once it's added as a subassembly to a larger one.

Top Tags