cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Fill Pattern: Turn off/on all members of fill

erine
12-Amethyst

Fill Pattern: Turn off/on all members of fill

I'm stepping out an entire product line to update our online catalog and doing so requires turning off all but 3 members of a fill patten on these parts.  Is there a way to turn on/off all members of a fill pattern with one button?  Manually selecting each one is very tedious.

Creo 4.0 / M060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to deactivate all the members of the pattern.  It must be done manually.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to deactivate all the members of the pattern.  It must be done manually.

I'd have to have an account that's associated with an active maintenance license to submit a suggestion, right?

Creo 4.0 / M060

Try to see if you can submit from here:

PTC Product Idea

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:erine)

@erine wrote:

I'm stepping out an entire product line to update our online catalog and doing so requires turning off all but 3 members of a fill patten on these parts.  Is there a way to turn on/off all members of a fill pattern with one button?  Manually selecting each one is very tedious.

You can try creating a second, simpler sketch that only encloses the area of the 3 members that you want to show.  You can then edit the pattern definition and select the simpler sketch.  I've done this in the past where I needed to be able to show a large are filled with holes (think perforated sheet metal) but most of the time I only wanted a small area filled to keep the regen times reasonable.  Alternating between sketches accomplished this.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Here's another idea.

1. Open the sketch which defindes your Fill Pattern.
  2. Select all the lines and convert them to "construction"
  3. Sketch a smaller, simplified area for your Fill Pattern

That should work. When you are done you can undo these steps (remove the extra lines from step 3, and converting all the other lines back to "solid" from step 2).

Top Tags