cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Fill Pattern onto a Cylinder

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Fill Pattern onto a Cylinder

A quick tutorial on how to place a Pattern Fill onto a cylinder and match up the spacing all-around.

For the full HD experience... click the quality button and choose an HD setting.  It may not make the video any better, but at least you can what I'm doing to get the features to work.

I did this video in response to recent post, as normal, but I left it quite open.  Key take-away's here is the power of the fill pattern; Using pattern origins to help map a pattern successfully; Using relations to manage desirable pattern outcomes; Avoid the pitfall of overlapping instances.

The last thing that should be mentioned is that patterns sometimes depend on grouping features together for the pattern.  If your pattern blows up completely when it should have worked, Group the feature and its dependencies before making the pattern.  Sometimes, geometry patterns work better that normal patterns (they are simple copies vs fully independent features).

Enjoy!  Comments welcome.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags