cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Filling holes

MikeSmith
1-Newbie

Filling holes

Hi, this is possibly a really dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I have a bunch of parts that I imported as dxf's from a 2D CAD program - all is fine, converted to 3D etc., and have assembled them into their sub-assemblies - however, there were inaccuracies in the source files obviously, and the alignment hole in the center of each part doesn't quite line up now that the outers of the parts themselves are aligned correctly. I thought that I could either move, delete or fill the existing alignment hole and if required recreate it - but how? I hoped that I might be simply able to hi-light the hole on the 3D part and delete it, but no way does that seem possible. I've attached one of the parts for reference. Secondly, if I have a stack of these as an assembly, can I punch a hole through them all while still assembled? Many thanks, Mike
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Ok, I worked it out.

So how did you do it?
Not applicable
(To:ptc-2278153)

Yes, you can machine multiple parts. By default, machining operations are performed only on the active part, but note that there is an option in the dialog box that allows you to select the part(s) to be machined. You can use this option along with the select tool, or the select shortcut (shift middle mouse button) to create a list of parts, or assemblies to be machined. Individual parts of a feature, as well as the entire feature can be moved. Look in the Modify 3D menu to find the Move function under the Faces and Recognized Features heading.
Top Tags