cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Find the Offender (WF4)

PeterBrown
1-Newbie

Find the Offender (WF4)

I have a medium-sized assmbly (about 80 different components) and I am trying to find its mass and CG. I assigned all the materials but I must have made a mistake in one or more parts because it's wildly overweight. I can figure out how to generate a list of the parts showing their mass individually - I'm sure whatever is wrong would jump right off the screen at that point.

I also tried adding a column to the repeat region on the assembly drawing that would show the mass, but the closest parameter I can find just shows the density and it's not really helpful. I'm sure I've assigned an in-lbm value to a kg-mm-sec part somewhere though.

Any thoughts?

TIA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterBrown)

Add the PRO_MP_MASS parameter to either the BOM or the assembly model tree. The "heavy" component should quickly show up.

[cid:image001.png@01CF0895.B3F37560]
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PeterBrown)

OR simply look at the bottom of the Mass Properties box.

It gives you filename, density, mass, CG (X,Y,Z). If you have sub-assemblies, it only shows the mass and density of the sub-assy, that's when the model tree columns come in really handy.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF0895.914A7900]

Top Tags